Since St. Patrick's day fell in the middle of the work week, I was trying to brainstorm ways to cook a corn beef with all of the fixings without having to wait until 9pm to eat. After a little brainstorming, I came up with the idea to cook it in the crock pot we received at my shower back in May. I was very excited to 1. be able to finally us our crock pot and 2. to be able to eat a traditional irish dinner on St. Patrick's day only I had no idea how to cook a corn beef in a crock pot. After searching the internet for a good recipe I was a little overwhelmed with all of the different suggestions on the best way to cook your traditional irish meal. Not one recipe was the same, all of them were very vague, all had different cooking times, and not one gave the amount of water that should be added to this beast of a meat. Needless to say, I just guessed on how to cook it, what should be added and how long it would cook for.
After 10 hours in the crock pot this is what it looked like:


To my surprise it was delicious! The meat just pulled apart, no need for a knife, and the veggies were to die for!! Overall it was a great way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day :)
Looks fantastic. Your Grammies would both be very proud of their little Irish Colleen :)
ReplyDelete