Friday, November 20, 2009

Our Little Chunker

This past Thursday Lexi had to go to the vets for her annual heart worm test. Since I can't seem to stay on my feet when at the vets, Eric takes Lexi to all of her doctor appointments. Well, shortly after 6:00pm I get a text message from Er stating: "She weighs 38 pounds what a chunk!" What a chunk is right! How did our little ball of energy get soo heavy! Well, at least they can't say we don't shower her with enough love, or maybe that should be cookies ;).

Needless to say our little love bug now has to go on a diet to shave off at least 5 pounds. That means we have to start counting her calorie intake and the vet suggested that we visit petobesity.com for some additional tips. I couldn't help but giggle when Eric told me that we had to start counting calories for Lexi and that she was obese! I mean when you look at her some might say she could loose a few pounds, but I wouldn't say she was massively overweight. Way too funny if you ask me... but we will try our best to make sure she only takes in 500 calories a day.

Regardless, she is such a fun, loving, little cuddle bug that we both love so very much and we are lucky to have her. Since we haven't had a Lexi post in a while, I thought I would post some recent pictures of her :)




2 comments:

  1. If Lexi is a little chunker I can't imagine what they would say about Bella!
    She had an ear infection last week and she weighed in at 80 lbs.!!! No wonder she doesn't fit into any cute doggie dresses!! I think we better
    check out petobesity.comtoo!! Can you imagine the two treat-aholics on diets???
    Love, Lexi's Grammy and Bella's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her to cut down on the Margarita's (works for me) xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete